Closing My Eyes

I don't want to close my eyes my love
for when I do I see your soul
illuminated by the sun
transparent, open and loving.
My last memory of you before
you walked out of my life,
before you put up your walls again,
before you shut the door.

I don't want to close my eyes my love
for when I do I see your love
and I feel every emotion I felt
on that perfect day.
Every way you made me feel free
before you forced my heart
to be locked away in this cage.

I don't want to close my eyes my love
for when I do I see you in front of me
so vivid, so real that I reach out
to hold you in my arms again,
to tell you I love you,
but then you disappear
the way you've disappeared from my
life so suddenly.

Closing my eyes used to lift me up into dreams of our future.
Now it crushes me on the cold floor of reality.